This award is open to first generation family owned companies, multi-general businesses and publically owned firms in which
founding families still hold a significant stake.
Applicants will be judged on the progress of the business and how family members have pulled together to contribute to the
overall success. The judges would also like to know what roles each family member has, how they have demonstrated best
practice, worked with non-family members, developed younger family members/future leaders and implemented successful
No entries will be accepted from the charitable sector.
- Why should your business win Family Business of the Year?
- Tell us about the history of your business
- Tell us about your product or services
- Tell us about your customer and competitors
- Tell us about your business successes over the last year
- Please can you give some information on your growth, turnover and profit
- Any other matters of significance
- Please include a copy of your most recent accounts; these will be treated in high confidence